When: July 15, 1:00-4:00 p.m. CT (open to first 20 to register)
*July 9, date is FULL
*July 8 date is FULL
Where: From your living room via Zoom!
Register by: July 2
What do the supplies to make a toothbrush, lipstick, and cat food have in common? They all can be found on a farm! Join Nebraska Agriculture in the Classroom for the first Found on the Farm: Virtual Summer Mini-Camp! Youth ages 8-10 can join education experts on a journey to learn more about their source of food, fiber, and fuel! Youth will engage in hands-on activities with an activity box delivered right to your door. Camp begins at 1:00 p.m. on Zoom with an expert guiding you step-by-step through the resources in your activity box.
Youth will participate in hands-on activities that encourage learning by:
- Participating in a friendly Kahoot! competition to test their knowledge of Nebraska’s number one industry.
- Identifying the source of common household items.
- Discovering the science of plant growth.
- Understanding how farm animals in Nebraska are cared for.
- Activity Box delivered to your home with supplies for SIX activities.
- *Register by July 2 at noon to receive your delivery of an activity box of supplies needed to participate in this Zoom Summer Camp.
- A computer, tablet, or device with video capability connected to the internet.
- A free Zoom account.
- Don’t have an account? Create one here.
How to Participate
Register to participate with your mailing address and email. Then, we can mail you your activity box and send you the Zoom link to participate in the camp!
Questions? Contact Brooke Tempel, education specialist at email@example.com.