Field trips introduce students to farms and ranches. Through this grant, classrooms receive funding to travel to a working farm or ranch to view what modern-day agriculture looks like.
- Field trips are required to depict modern agriculture. Grant funds cannot be used to visit historical farms.
- Field trips must be approved by Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation.
- Field Trips are limited to one day and need to be completed by June 1.
- Classrooms are allowed a maximum of $700 and only the cost of transportation and entry fees will be covered.
- All copies of receipts must be provided by June 15 to receive payment.
These grants are made possible thanks to the generous support of We Support Ag, Nebraska Corn Board, and Nebraska Beef Council.
Field Trip Request
When applying for the grant please contact your district office to provide an estimate of the cost of transportation for the field trip and the farm/ranch to confirm they are willing to host your classroom.
What modern day working farm/ranch will you visit?
Please provide a brief description of the farm/ranch:
What is the estimated cost of your field trip? (Only transportation costs and entrance costs)
What is the estimated date of your field trip? (Must be completed by June 1)
What are the student learning objectives for the day?
In 500 words or less please answer the following questions:
Why is it important for students to understand how the environment and agriculture are connected?
How do you currently incorporate agriculture into your curriculum?
Why should our committee select your class for this opportunity?