We're made up of dedicated employees with strong work ethics. Headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska.
We reward hard work with competitive wages and an excellent benefits package, including an incentive compensation plan tied to the personal accomplishments and corporate and department goals. Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
The Nebraska Farm Bureau Foundation is seeking a summer intern to assist the foundation’s education team by delivering agricultural literacy programming at summer camps, museums, and fairs, and aiding in the recruitment of Ag Pen Pals. The Intern will gain experience in education programs, leadership, and public relations.
Start Date: May 2022
Fundamental Job Duties
- Assist in the planning of the foundation’s summer camps.
- Present hands-on, educational programming to youth at summer camps, museums, and fairs.
- Recruit teacher and farm/ranch volunteers and expand Ag Pen Pal program.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Students pursuing a B.A. or B.S. in Agriculture, Education, or related field is preferred.
- Excellent organization, presentation, and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Good public speaking ability and willingness to give presentations in front of an audience.
- Knowledge of Nebraska agriculture.
- Paid, twelve-week experience working 30 hours per week with flexible scheduling.
- Practice leadership and workforce development skills such as communication, teamwork, public speaking, and giving/receiving feedback.
- Preparation and experience to work in the nonprofit sector.